Unfortunately though, currently the COVID-19 situation in the country is serious, more so than at any other time since the beginning of the pandemic. New variants are conquering the world, and the poorest nations such as Rwanda are having a hard time securing the necessary vaccines to counter them. For the past weeks, large parts of the country have been in lockdown again, and for the foreseeable future, strict measures will remain in place. Rwanda has chosen since the beginning to make sure the country’s healthcare is able to cope with the number of serious cases. We understand that at this moment, the Rwandan Ministry of Sport is unable to provide any guarantees for the race which would have started three months from now. Nor can we provide any to our registered participants. All this taken into account, we can no longer warrant the quality of an event, or even if it would be able to happen at all in 2021. We have thus decided to once again postpone the stage race, to a date in the first half of 2022.