Registration now open for the 2022 event. More info below
For 2022, the Rwandan Epic drops its training wheels, and goes for a full out, 4 stage race in teams of 2. There will be male, female and mixed categories and special classification for East African teams.
We aim to provide opportunities to as many of the East African talent as we can, and each entry to the race will sponsor 15% of an East African spot. Want to sponsor more, you can select some extra donation at checkout!*
* In the case donations surpass the number of EA talent we manage to get to participate in Rwandan Epic, 100% of funds will go to the development of the MTB sport in Rwanda, with full transparency.
- Dates: March 10 to 13 2022
- Stages: 4 (1 prologue style, 2 XCM style, 1 XCO style)
- Slots: 60 teams max
- Cost: from 1200 EUR including 4 nights accommodation in hotels (see below)
- Prize Purse: 7.000 USD
- Categories: Female Teams, Male Teams, Mixed Teams
- Wednesday March 9: Mandatory registration and rider briefing
- Thursday March 10: Kigali City Prologue & transfer (coach) to Musanze
- Friday March 11: Lake Ruhondo stage (nigth at Musanze)
- Saturday March 12: Volcanoes stage (night at Musanze)
- Sunday March 12: Gishwati-Kivu stage & beach party at Gisenyi
Special deals for supporters, tourism packages and day tickets for Sunday will be announced in October 2021!
Entry fee (per person)
Events in a world of COVID-19
We are very confident about the event happening in November of this year, but are aware that certain COVID protocols will still need to be in place. For that worst case scenario, we have put in place special, extra generous refund conditions
Full Terms and Bookings, see https://www.rar-events.com/terms-and-conditions/
FAQs regarding cancellations and refunds below: